Friday, July 27, 2007

HELLO FROM VIRGINIA

Well, we have been in the Old Dominion State since July 18. We are staying with my parents, visiting with our children and grand-dogs. This weekend we are in Manquin, VA visiting with my sister and her family, Mom and Dad came too. Her daughter Leslie, son-in-law, David, AKA Eddie Haskel, and her 2 sons, Daniel and Josh, were here tonight for a great dinner. Travis, her son, who lives in Atlanta GA, wasn't able to come this weekend. We missed you TRAVIS!! It is the normal hot and humid in the Richmond area. We thought we might get some rain tonight, but like most storms, they missed us!

The talk of VA are the new traffic laws. The fines for driving offenses are crazy!! But good news for out of staters...they don't effect you!!! Most of the fines have doubled or tripled! We have heard of two people getting speeding tickets and both were over $1000!! I think I will keep my OHIO tags and license...LOL!!! When driving down I-81 the other day I was doing the normal 4-5 over the speed limit and cars were zooming by...as I watched ALL were out of state cars!! I think the VA lawmakers will be getting alot of heat over this and hopefully it will get changed in the new session. The state could be rich by then!!!!!!!!!

The other talk in VA is, of course, MICHAEL VICK!! I feel like I am back in OHIO with MAURICE CLARETT!!! It is so sad to see these talented young men ruin their lives from nothing but stupidity!!

On the OHIO home front, we are getting some showings on the house, and thanks to Billie the alarm isn't scaring anyone off!! Thanks Billie!!

We are planning on being back in Roanoke on Sunday. Jackie and I will be going to Bonsack Baptist for their evening service. She and I, the girls and other friends from Bonsack met at the Cracker Barrel (CB) for dinner on Tuesday night when she was on her way to her Mom's in Lynchburg.

STAY IN TOUCH!!!



No comments: