Saturday, December 6, 2008

A YEAR LATER

It is really hard to believe that a year has past since we moved in our newest nest! A lot happened this past year, some good, some not. But we are so very blessed in our life. It is such a blessing to be back home with family and friends. Although, I do still miss my friends and our good times in OHIO. I can't say I really miss the state itself, but all my sisters in the Lord there I do miss! God has blessed me with good friends in every state we have lived in, and I often think about all the times we had, especially at Christmas. In WV, Linda C. and I would often go into Charleston to do our shopping while the kids were in school. It took us an hour to get there...well, with her driving maybe 45 mins, and then we had the return trip and we had to beat those school buses! Some days we made it, some we did not, but we laughed and had so much fun. In Ohio, Billie, Jackie, or Bev and I would go shopping. Each one with a different goal in mind. I think most of our goal there was influenced by our eating location..LOL!! As I hung my Cracker Barrel ornament on my tree, I thought about all the good times we had at breakfast at CB. Those are what I miss about OH. Donnie and I go once in a while..but it just isn't the same!! In VA, I have friends I have come home to. We go to lunch, talk on phone, but the shopping days are over!! I think that is because Donnie is retired and we all know that boy loves to shop so I go with him!! Although there are times I try to go by myself, and I do manage that..especially my trips to CATO'S. HA HA HA!!

I pray each of you have a most blessed Christmas as we celebrate the best gift we ever got or ever will get, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! May you welcome his birth celebration, and a New Year in the Lord.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will forgive you for not mentioning L at W, as long as we are still in your heart!
Merry Christmas!
Love you,
Neva

Judy said...

oh I miss the L@W especially since it has been upgraded to L @ C!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. We all shed a few tears today to think that we didn't make the cut of people you miss. Girls, if the Clouds have to move (Heaven forbid! We love OH and we were from the South, too!), we promise to miss you!
And how could you forget all those SS parties you were so gracious to host? How could you forget Mike not being able to perform certain bodily functions because there were too many snowmen watching?
We love you anyway,
Laura

Judy said...

You girls must not have recognized yourself as my sisters in the Lord!! Hosting Christmas parties is not as much fun as attending them at the Renners! And I am sure Mike would not appreciate me mentioning he couldn't make water with all those snowmen watching!! LOL..You know I love and miss you girls and all those lunches at Wendys!!