Wednesday, February 6, 2008

VISIT TO ENDOCRINOLOGIST

I had my first visit with my latest of doctors, the endocrinologist, today. After looking over the pathology reports we are heading forward with the radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment. He changed the thyroid medicine I was on to a different kind. I will take it for a week, then stop for 10 days. At that point I will be going in for blood work, 2-25, and he will look at the levels. If they are low enough he will schedule the treatment. It is to be outpatient at the hospital. If they are not, he will continue to draw blood and watch for the right levels. He warned me that I will be very tired. I don't know when I will go back on thyroid medicine following the RAI. I think my bed is going to become my best friend. So glad I have a laptop!!

No comments: