Friday, March 14, 2008

MINI DOSE

Today I went for a body scan ablation. What is that, you might ask. It is a mini dose of the RAI treatment. I will go back Monday for a body scan, and then a couple of days following that I will be taking the larger dose to kill any thyroid cells or tissue left in my body. I have to take the same precautionary steps as with the full dose. Not closer than 3 feet to anyone for no more than an hour. Use separate bedrooms and bathrooms at our house. No cooking..oh boo hoo.., except for myself, of course. I have to be separated for a least the next 2 days and by then it will start all over again. Since I don't have an actual date for the treatment, I hope I can work in at least one day of therapy. My neck feels so much better after I have a treatment. They did a ultrasound heat and shock treatment this week. Now that was strange. Put electrodes on my muscle and gave it a little shock to try to stimulate it . This treatment is used for stroke patients too. The heat and massage really loosens the muscle and tissue. The "glob" under my chin is getting better, but it is still there. So, by this time next week, the treatments should be done, and I will be in my room!! We did move the little TV from the kitchen to the spare bedroom. I will be catching up on rest and maybe some reading this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I saw a green glow coming from the east!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Donnie I think you should get room service!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy! You are a trooper! Hang in there...summer's coming and this will all be behind you :-) And I like that room service idea!!! LOL Tori

Sharon Patsell said...

Hey, if you feel like talking, call me! I really don't care if you glow green or not, is there anything I can do for you!! This sounds like an ordeal. I really admire you.
Love,
Sharon