Saturday, August 16, 2008

OLYMPICS AND SO MUCH MORE

What a fun filled week in olympics!! I have stayed up late watching swimming and gymnastics. Are those American athletes awesome, or what?? Michael Phelps is incredible in that swimming pool. And for those of you who may not know or care to know, he did his college swimming at, yes, the UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!! Now, that is what GO BLUE means!!!

Also this week, I created a page on FACEBOOK. I guess I didn't think MYSPACE and a blog were enough..HA!!!!! But also found lots of people on FACEBOOK and have several friends added to my page.

And if that wasn't enough, it was time for me to upgrade my cell phone. Every 2 years when my contract comes due with VERIZON, I make a decision to upgrade my phone. This time I went with the maroon LG en2. It opens to a full keyboard which makes it easy for me to text. I still have several things to figure out about it, but I had 2 library books to read, so a how to booklet was not high on my list of to do this week!!!!!!

Tonight we go on the VIRGINIA DARE. We are doing this with the AEP RETIREE/VETERAN Association. Veterans are anyone who has 20 years of service with AEP. We went with this group to see a play about ELVIS at Mill Mountain Playhouse last month. They have monthly activites as well as a monthly breakfast. Donnie has been to one of the breakfasts. They have several trips planned which we won't be going to, but looks like a luncheon in November and a Christmas party at the HOTEL ROANOKE in December.

The sad part of our week was attending a graveside service. It was for Jim Sullivan, a 57 year old employee of AEP, who died from pancreatic cancer. He was Labor Relations Manager in Columbus. He and Donnie worked together and he was in Donnie's office nearly everyday. He was in our home several times for meals and even a VT football game with his son Bryce. He is from Roanoke, graduated from WILLIAM FLEMING(class of '69) , as did Donnie('66) and I('68). He was also a VT graduate. This dreaded disease took another friend.

No comments: