Monday, August 4, 2008

SUMMERTIME...AND THE LIVING IS EASY

Of course, it is also, hot hot hot!! We have seen several days in the 90's and more to come this week! Although we have had a couple of days at the lake on the boat keeping cool, most days we are in the air conditioning in the house! I used to think winter was when we hybernate, but I think it is summer. I close all my blinds, trying to keep the hot sun out, and open them wide in the winter trying to let the warmth in!!
With not a lot to do, unless I choice to, reading, as always is one of my choices of entertainment in summer. Haven't done as much this year as I have in past summers, Donnie and I have been watching shows we TIVO. We also watched season one of NCIS. Although we have watched it from the beginning it is fun to watch the series as they start. No wonder these videos are so popular in stores. We have season 2 of JAG, still trying to find season one.
Also, I am glad THE CLOSER is back for the summer. I have enjoyed watching this series since it started several years ago. I found out this year you can purchase the TOTE BAG she carries on QVC.!! I have been tempted, but haven't ordered it yet!! I watched DESIGN STAR and Food Network's the Next Food network Star. I liked who America picked for Design Star, I didn't like who was chosen for Food Network.
Last week I watched a show on ABC Thursday night called HOPKINS. It takes place at JOHN HOPKINS in Baltimore. It follows REAL doctors and their cases. Since last week was week 6 of a 7 week run, I had missed several. Most of you know I have had several medical "events" and for whatever reason I am attracked to these kinds of shows. Yesterday, I found HOPKINS online and caught up on the series. I found watching TV shows on the ole laptop most relaxing, you breeze throught the 30 sec. commercials and watch the shows in under 45 minutes. This show has lung transplants, heart transplants and brain surgeries. It is not for the weak stomach as they show some of the surgeries on air.
Well, as you can see, I am enjoying a laid back summer, trying to stay cool and loving our fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.
LIFE IS GOOD IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA!!!

1 comment:

The Lewis' said...

I have a former researcher that is in Medical at John Hopkins and she said that they have completed their taping there and as of now, they are not planning to continue the series. I am very disappointed.