Friday, February 26, 2010

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY!

Well, looks like this bump in the road has straightened out!! I finished the radiation treatments today, and begin life as a breast cancer survivor! I will be seeing the oncologist again in 3 months and my surgeon in 6 months. Of course, since I've had it, I will be watched closely and you are never considered over it until 10 years have past without a recurrence. It is such a blessing to know that it is gone, and I can breathe a little easier since all is over. I had a wonderful group of people at the cancer center that helped each day. It made this week so much better. They smiled and laughed and we joked around. It was so uplifting. I thank God for them and how they took care of me and so many others. I would see the same people there every day for treatments. Only one other lady was having mammosite radiation like myself. I don't know why the others were there, but I know they are suffering and in need of prayers. So many people pass our way that we don't know what battle they are fighting.

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. Eph. 4:32

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad your radiation is over! Take care.
Love ya,
Laura